Welcome to the home page for the Greenville Chen Tai Chi group. We are a small group in Greenville South Carolina instructed by Jimmy Dong, an in-door disciple of Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei.
next six-week class of "Tai Chi for health" will start May 18 - June 29, 2017, Thursday, 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm. No class in June 22. Please Check "Class" For More Details and new location.
(IF YOU PLAN TO PARTICIPATE, REGISTER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. WE WANT TO INCLUDE EVERYONE, BUT WE MUST HAVE AN EARLY AND ACCURATE HEAD-COUNT TO DO SO)
2017 Upcoming Tai Chi Event:
- The Tai Chi Performance in 2017 Greer International Festival in April 22, 11 am - 4 pm, Welcome to join us, Greer City Park, 301 East Poinsett Street, Greer, Sc 29651
- Tai Chi Performance in Greenville Downtown to celebration of 2017 World Tai Chi & Qi Gong Day, April 29, 11 am - 3 pm.
- 2017 Light of Tai Chi" Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei International Tai Chi Summer Camp at Toronto, Canada, June 17 - 21.
2016 In Review:
Many can live an entire lifetime without having pursued change for the better. This happens to some even when they know that a change will greatly improve the quality of their day-to-day, moment-to-moment life experience. I often wonder why this is.
Students of Chen Tai Chi understand the nuances of improving their quality of life, both from the inside out and the outside in. Tai Chi cultivates an enthusiasm for health, movement, and fluid interaction with one’s world. The usefulness of the skills in Tai Chi extends far beyond just performing routines. For me, it began 18 years ago when I started my personal Tai Chi journey with Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei. And, even now as a teacher, my understanding continues to develop and deepen every day.
Are You Seeking What Tai Chi Offers?
At Greenville Chen Tai Chi, our purpose is to educate people in the Upstate area in the practice of Chen Tai Chi. We want them to experience, personally, the health and life improvements that Tai Chi brings.
In 2016, we’ve been privileged to accomplish:
· Developing a variety of classes for different levels of students, including:
o Tai Chi for Health (Beginners)
o Tai Chi 18 (Next-level beginners)
o Tai Chi One (Intermediate students)
o Advanced Tai Chi (Advanced students)
· Implementing improvements to our class formats and training methods according to the feedback and contributions of our students
· Holding Chen Tai Chi performances, by invitation, at local festivals and celebrations, including:
o The Greer International Festival, April 9, 2016
o Tai Chi & Qigong Day, Downtown Greenville, April 30, 2016
o The Chinese Moon Festival, Furman University, Sept. 11, 2016
· Continuing our training under the skilled instruction of Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei:
o Attended “The Light of Tai Chi” – An International Advanced Tai Chi Training Camp in Seattle, May 27–June 2, 2016
· Establishing our new training location in downtown Greer in the studios of Dance Visions
2017 promises to be an uplifting year for all of us within Greenville Chen Tai Chi! We are lucky to be on this journey together—a group of warm-hearted, supportive people of all ages who truly enjoy helping each other learn and master Tai Chi skills.
Please join us! No matter your level of knowledge—beginner, intermediate, or advanced—we want to know about your needs and what you’re hoping Tai Chi can do for you.
And thank you to everyone for such a productive 2016!
12th generation Chen Tai Chi Inheritor and Direct Disciple of Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei
Chen Tai Chi Instructor
VIDEO BELOW WERE OUR TAI CHI PERFORMANCE FOR 2016 MOON FESTIVAL CELEBRATION AT FURMAN UNIVERSITY, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER. 11, 2016
A video is available below for 2016 ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF WORLD TAI CHI & QIGONG DAY, SATURDAY, 11 AM - 3 PM, APRIL 30, FALL PARK, GREENVILLE, SC.