Welcome to Greenville Tai Chi !!!
Welcome to the home page for the Greenville Chen Tai Chi group. We are a small group in Greenville South Carolina instructed by Jimmy Dong, an in-chamber disciple of Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei.
next Five-week class of "Tai Chi for health" april 25 - may 30, 2019, Thursday, 7:30 pm - 8:45 pm, (NO class on May 16) as the fourth class for 2019.
THIS CLASS REGISTRATION STARTS NOW !!!!
Please Check "Class" For More Details.
(IF YOU PLAN TO PARTICIPATE, REGISTER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. WE WANT TO INCLUDE EVERYONE, BUT WE MUST HAVE AN EARLY AND ACCURATE HEAD-COUNT TO DO SO)
Please Check Out This Cool Video About Tai Chi !
2019 Tai Chi Events:
- World Tai Chi and Qi Gong Day Celebration in Greenville Downtown, April 20, 2 pm - 6 pm, Saturday, 2019
- The Greer Goes Global: International Festival Celebration in Greer City Park, April 27, 11 am - 4 pm, Saturday, 2019 (Free Class Available)
- 2019 Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei “Light of Tai Chi” International Tai Chi Summer Camp, Las Vegas, July 1 - July 4, 2019
- Chinese Moon Festival Celebration at Furman University, Greenville, September 14, Saturday, 2019.
2018 In Review:
Many can live an entire lifetime without having pursued change for the better. This happens to some even when they know that a change will greatly improve the quality of their day-to-day, moment-to-moment life experience. I often wonder why this is.
Students of Chen Tai Chi understand the nuances of improving their quality of life, both from the inside out and the outside in. Tai Chi cultivates an enthusiasm for health, movement, and fluid interaction with one’s world. The usefulness of the skills in Tai Chi extends far beyond just performing routines. For me, it began more than 20 years ago when I started my personal Tai Chi journey with Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei. And, even now as a teacher, my understanding continues to develop and deepen every day.
Are You Seeking What Tai Chi Offers?
At Greenville Chen Tai Chi, our purpose is to educate people in the Upstate area in the practice of Chen Tai Chi. We want them to experience, personally, the health and life improvements that Tai Chi brings.
In 2018, we’ve been privileged to accomplish:
· Developing a variety of classes for different levels of students, including:
o Tai Chi for Health (Beginners)
o Tai Chi 18 (Next-level beginners)
o Tai Chi One (Intermediate students)
o Advanced Tai Chi (Advanced students)
· Implementing improvements to our class formats and training methods according to the feedback and contributions of our students. Successfully completed a year-long Tai Chi training program in studios of Dance Visions in Downtown Greer.
· Holding Chen Tai Chi performances, by invitation, at local festivals and celebrations, including:
o The Greer International Festival, April 14, 2018
o Tai Chi & Qigong Day, Downtown Greenville, April 28, 2018
o The Chinese Moon Festival, Furman University, Sept. 22, 2018
· Continuing our training under the skilled instruction of Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei:
- Attended 5th Chen Zhenglei Tai Chi International Symposium, Chen Village, China, June 27 - June 30, 2018
- Attended 20th Chen Zhenglei International Tai Chi Training Camp, Chen Village, China, July 1 - July 4, 2018
2019 promises to be an uplifting year for all of us within Greenville Chen Tai Chi! We are lucky to be on this journey together—a group of warm-hearted, supportive people of all ages who truly enjoy helping each other learn and master Tai Chi skills.
Please join us! No matter your level of knowledge—beginner, intermediate, or advanced—we want to know about your needs and what you’re hoping Tai Chi can do for you.
And thank you to everyone for such a productive 2017!
12th generation Chen Tai Chi Inheritor and In-Chamber Disciple of Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei
Chen Tai Chi Instructor
CELEBRATION of chinese Moon FESTIVAL PERFORMANCE at Furman university, Sept. 22, 2018
Promoted to in-chamber (highest ranking) disciple of Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei at 5th Chen Zhenglei Tai Chi International Symposium, Chen Village, China, June 30, 2018
Received an achievement award at 5th Chen Zhenglei Tai Chi International Symposium, Chen Village, China, June 30, 2018
WORLD TAI CHI & QIGONG DAY celebration, GREENVILLE, SC, April 28, 2018
tai chi performance in Greer international festival, april 14, 2018
VIDEO BELOW WERE TAI CHI PERFORMANCE FOR 2017 wORLD tAI CHI DAY CELEBRATION IN GREENVILLE DOWNTOWN ONE CITY PLAZA, APRIL 29, 2017
VIDEO BELOW WERE OUR TAI CHI PERFORMANCE FOR 2017 MOON FESTIVAL CELEBRATION AT FURMAN UNIVERSITY, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER. 7, 2017
VIDEO BELOW WERE OUR TAI CHI PERFORMANCE FOR 2016 MOON FESTIVAL CELEBRATION AT FURMAN UNIVERSITY.
A video is available below for 2016 ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF WORLD TAI CHI & QIGONG DAY, SATURDAY, 11 AM - 3 PM, APRIL 30, FALL PARK, GREENVILLE, SC.